Things to do
Looking for something to do? Check out the activities planned for May 2015. Attend a reading or writing workshop, watch a film and take in music and dance performances. To download the events poster, click here.
- YOUTH FILM - CONTEST and SHOWCASE (see poster)
Application Form and Film submission deadline has been extended to: April 15, 2015. *** Click here to submit your "Application form". Final screening: May 3, 2015
1. Create a film featuring the theme “What does it mean to be Asians in Manitoba?”
2. Entrants must be residents of Manitoba and be between the ages of 15-30. There will be two categories: Ages 15-22 and Ages 22-30 with prizes presented in each category.
3. Each film must be 3 – 5 minutes long.
4. Each film must be original and not copied from other sources. Any music or clips used in the films must have consent from their owners.
PRIZES AND SCREEENING:
1. A jury will assess the finalists and select prizewinners. The jury’s decision are final and binding.
2. Prizes - $200.00 per age category.
*** To download a complete "Rules and Guidelines", click here.
*** To download "Application form", click here.
- ASIAN HERITAGE HIGH SCHOOL SYMPOSIUM
Thursday, May 7, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
University of Winnipeg (morning)
Canadian Museum for Human Rights (afternoon)
Students from Winnipeg high schools are invited to participate in discussions and workshops.
- CELEBRATING HUMAN RIGHTS
Asian Heritage Month Opening
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Canadian Museum for Human Rights (Buhler Hall)
85 Israel Asper Way
Featuring performances by Asian Canadian dancers and musicians.
- READING OF "Dolphin SOS"
by Roy and Slavia Miki
Thursday, May 14, 2015
10:30 am, Charleswood Library, 6-4910 Roblin Blvd.
2:00 pm, Millenium Library, 251 Donald St.
Friday, May 15, 2015
7:00 pm, McNally Robinson Booksellers (Atrium),
Grant Park Shopping Centre
Roy and Slavia Miki are authors of the children's book "Dolphin SOS".
ASIAN CANADIAN FESTIVAL AT THE FORKS
Under the Canopy
Saturday, May 23, 2015, 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Sunday, May 24, 2015, 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Cultural performances and demonstrations are held at The Forks under the canopy.
- ASIAN FUSION
SHOWCASE (Closing Event)
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Muriel Richardson Auditorium, Winnipeg Art Gallery
300 Memorial Blvd.
To download a poster, click here.
Tickets $10 available at the door or from Asian Heritage
Art Miki at 204-488-8059 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Muni Mysore at 204-895-7242 or email@example.com
Julie Javier at 204-488-9965
Rod Cantiveros at 204-489-8894
Yenny Trinh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wonjae Song at email@example.com